AdventurousBooks

AdventurousBooks

From Babylon to Timbuktu: A History of the Ancient Black Races Including the Black Hebrews
El Hagahn, Rudolph R. Windsor
The Valley of the Dry Bones: The Conditions That Face Black People in America Today
Rudolphf R. Windsor
Play with Fire: Discovering Fierce Faith, Unquenchable Passion, and a Life-Giving God
Bianca Juarez Olthoff
Leadership and Self-Deception: Getting out of the Box
Arbinger Institute
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change
Stephen R. Covey
The Emotionally Healthy Church, Expanded Edition: A Strategy for Discipleship That Actually Changes Lives
Peter Scazzero, Warren Bird
This Will Change Everything: Ideas That Will Shape the Future
John Brockman
The Lean Startup: How Today's Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses
Eric Ries
I Got My Dream Job and So Can You: 7 Steps to Creating Your Ideal Career After College
Pete Leibman
The Tao of Martha: My Year of LIVING; Or, Why I'm Never Getting All That Glitter Off of the Dog
Jen Lancaster

Bathsheba: Reluctant Beauty

Bathsheba: Reluctant Beauty - Angela Elwell Hunt This book definitely won me over for the portrayal of David & Bathsheba. When you read the account of what happened in the bible, many people focus on what David did to Uriah. I always was upset by what he did to Bathsheba. I absolutely love that the story was told with the view point of her being violated by a King who thought too highly of his flesh desires.

I gave 4 stars because it was a slow building story line that I thought could have had more speed & insight. I wanted Bathsheba to have more emotion for her dying baby & just a bit more depth to her character. Nathan had a lot of story and it didn't seem to be so for Bathsheba.